One quiet Sunday evening, we pulled out of the basement the trampoline. The boys had a fun jumping and tipping it over. After awhile, they used the couch for a launching pad to get into it. We surely don't need to give these little boys any ideas, they do just fine coming up with hair-raising ones on their own. I took the boys to a local rink one rainy Wednesday morning a couple weeks back. We had fun for about 45 minutes and then they were ready to leave. It was nice to see they hadn't lost what they learned this spring. They were a tiny bit wobbly when we first put them on at home to see if they still fit, but had no problem skating. We picked raspberries with Isabelle and her family. As you can see from the picture, I wonder how in the world families with triplets ever take a good picture. The last picture is taken with the boys sitting in the upstairs hallway looking down into our family room.
It has been a couple weeks now that the boys have been capable of opening the refrigerator. It's now a favorite pastime to stand gazing into the fridge while their mom is busy getting dinner ready. Thomas who has discovered where the butter lives, is happy to take out a stick, unwrap it and start chewing on an end. One morning, Matt and I were upstairs while he was getting ready for work. Thomas went down to the fridge, grabbed an almost full 2 litter bottle of coke and hauled it upstairs with an empty bottle for me to fill. When I ask what they are doing in the fridge, I usually get the answer "I'm working!" with a slightly indignant tone. Nathan especially has perfected the indignant tone....like must I say, can't you see?
The boys seem to know now when they are doing something cute because I'm getting, "Mommy, cheese!" when the camera is nowhere in sight.
The other day, I caught Thomas stretching. I did not teach him that, I have no idea who did but he was bending over one side grinning at me. When I asked him, he told me he was stretching. Now both boys do it and ask me to do with them.
Nathan wakes up happy from a night's sleep or a daytime nap with a smile about 99% of the time. It's very nice. Thomas often has a hard time waking up from a nap, not sure if the nap is too long or too short but he gets crying and it's tough work getting him to settle down.
The other day, we left our friend's house after a visit. I knew Nathan was ready for a nap and I could see him in the rearview mirror already with his eyes shut. Next thing I hear from him, "Mommy, I'm sleeping!" too cute.
Thanks for the update! WE are looking forward to seeing you 4 soon in 5 more days! Thomas and Nathan are SOOOOO CUTE! xoxoxoox We love you very much. love, Auntie Laura, Uncle Brian and Little Lem
ReplyDelete