The first picture, Thomas set up his little bears "nursing". I knew as soon as he did it what he was trying to show.
Early in June, we went down to the zoo in Providence, RI. It was such a pleasant day for the kids. Not a huge zoo, but some good animals to check out: elephants, zebras, giraffes, seals, flamingos, etc. Next week we hope to go to the Boston Aquarium.
We were all very sick with a stomach bug last week but this week has been far more normal. We've been strawberry picking a few times. We went to see Grandma and Grampa in Westwood on Tuesday. Nathan did not want to leave so we decided Nathan would stay over-night. He did great! Only once was there tears (the following morning) but they soon dried up. I noticed Thomas was definitely bored especially when I got busy working in the kitchen. When they were packing his things up to leave Wednesday afternoon, they put his stuff next to the front door. Before they knew it, he was hauling his suitcase back to the bedroom. He wasn't ready to go home.
We read books every night in bed. I have really noticed that they are now paying attention to the words as well as the pictures. They are also really picking up details of the stories. I read to Thomas and the next day he recalled details of the story to Mom as she looked through the book with him. She was amazed at how well he remembered the story. After reading an entire story, Nathan took me back to the title page which was Earthmovers and pointed to both "r"s in the title and told me "two Rs for Rider!" They are doing great with their letters. I do notice that they remember better who the letter is for rather than the letter name itself. Like we always say I is for Isabelle so now when they see I, they say there is Isabelle's letter.
Nathan no longer needs a diaper for the afternoon nap and we have had a few dry nights this past week!!! I'm thrilled.
No comments:
Post a Comment