Monday, May 4, 2009

Music in the Morning

The Musician:

The Audience:

Nathan loves to sing and make music of any type. He sings when he plays, he sings in the car, he sings when he works and so on. Once at the library, a few weeks back, I had my back to the train table so didn't know exactly where the boys were but I started hear someone humming Tell me the Story of Jesus and I turned to see it was Nathan. That is their favorite hymn.

Nathan and Thomas love to hear stories. One of the quickest ways to bring a smile to their face is to say once upon a time.... The latest thing they have been doing (I think Nathan started this and does it by far the most often) to encourage me to tell stories is to have this running conversation with me that goes like this:

Nathan: what did Daddy say?
Me: blah blah blah
Nathan: what did Thomas say?
Me: blah blah blah
Nathan: what did Mommy say?
Me: blah blah blah
Nathan: what did Nathan say?
Me: blah blah blah
Nathan: what did Daddy say?
Me: blah blah blah
Nathan: what did Mommy say?
Me: Go away kid, your bothering me!

No comments:

Post a Comment