Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Children's Museum in N. Easton






A nice Children's museum to spend not such a nice November day.

The boys have started their ice skating lessons again this year. They are so much faster this year! Just stronger, more agile and not afraid to fall! It looked like they were chasing each other around on the ice during freeskate at the end of the lesson. Just another time, I think to myself how lucky they are to have each other as a friend! Nathan seems to be the faster of the two right now. They are learning the snowplow stop amongst other things.

With today as a holiday, we went over to the school to do some bike riding. Nathan asked me to take his lone training wheel off. Without a wrench, I couldn't so I just kicked it way up and off he went. Wow, even in the time we were there, he just picked up things he'll know for life! Like needing me to push him to get started but before long, I wasn't close enough, so he got himself going on his own. He is good at pumping standing up which takes even more balance. It's fun to go to the school where they'll be going next fall. I think it won't seem so scary when the time comes because we've been there so often....or not! They have 3 playgrounds that we circulated between. After 1.5 hours, I was ready to go...it was like pulling teeth trying to get out of there. It's great exercise and lots of fresh air.

Thomas can whistle! So far, just a single note but he practices regularly so soon Beethoven's Fifth. He also has learned the art of forced burping which he does on a far to regular basis. It's not loud and obnoxious (yet!), just mildly disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment