Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sledding





We've had a few good sledding days this winter but mostly we've just had good ice skating. Here are a few from sledding on our backyard hill with Isabelle and Lillian. Thomas took the picture of Ellie and his train track.

Yesterday we met the new children's librarian at our little town library. She wrote down our names to remember us. So she took Thomas' information first. She asked him his last name so he immediately spelled it. He couldn't think of the e so skipped to the last r and the librarian suggested e to which he was affirmative. I was so impressed! Nathan usually writes his last name now when signing cards, etc. Thomas doesn't take the time to but obviously he has been paying attention to the details of it. We can't go any where without questions of what this sign or that sign says--love it! They are very interested in words. I was noticing a few weeks ago the first time Nathan was reading the letters off his shirt....he was correctly recognizing them upside down! I think they are brilliant! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment