
We had terrific rain last week and weekend so we have a stream that runs down from our garage, across our driveway, across the side lawn and down a small ravine. This stream has provided many hours of little boy entertainment. The pictures show them playing just before the stream goes off the side into the ravine. They love it! We also have "new" goggles for swimming which during their novelty were worn around the house. I say "new" because we went to buy them at Sudbury pool (they have a small reasonably priced display) and the receptionist told us to raid the lost and found bucket. So, we did and they are new to us. Nathan's is so funny because they are so big and blue! They are demonstrating that the goggles also work for any eyes found on the back of one's head. Thomas can carry Nathan around! Go figure! Nathan is 34 pounds and Thomas is 42 pounds with lots of muscle!
Thomas is so aware of what goes on that I really must be careful not to alarm him. Last Sunday when we arrived home in the evening, Thomas (who always accompanies me) and I went up to the chicken coop to close it up for the night. I noticed large tire marks that went clear up to the garage that hadn't been there before we went to meeting. I pointed them out to Thomas and wondered out loud who had been at our house while we were gone. Of course, there was a bit of concern in my voice. He worried right along with me. I felt bad that this concern would go on his small shoulders. It isn't right for a child to feel this. They should only know of safety with their parents and in their home. Here is another example, we have several times limped into the gas station with the wonder how did we make it? The other day we were getting on the highway and he pipes up from the backseat, do you have enough gas? By the way, I figured the tire marks was the tree company coming to get a rope they left here.
No comments:
Post a Comment