Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Outdoor Boy


Finally a picture of the new snow shoes that aren't so new! We went for a walk Saturday through the woods to see the different streams. It rained and got warmer the next day so we were glad we went!

Nathan did excellent yesterday getting his tubes. Thankfully the cold that appeared to be starting last Friday only lasted a couple of drippy days and didn't interfere with the surgery. I think his first real comment in the recovery room was that it sounded like he had his earphones on. Matt has some electronic ear phones for shooting that cancel out really, really loud noises but otherwise amplify normal tones. Nathan had been wearing them on and off the last while....that was what he was referring to. He asked me last night why I was talking really loudly. I had to tell him, I was talking exactly the same. He though, is talking very quietly! I don't think he realizes it. My ears are all plugged from this cold so I'm as deaf as he was! The worst part of yesterday was sitting around for 1.5 hours waiting for it to happen. When we got there, they called us in almost immediately, got him all ready and checked up and in. Then we sat! Poor kid. I had brought a couple of games for us to play, so that helped. Of course, a little snuggling here and there! Really awful. The surgery, though allotted 20 minutes, was about 10. I hurried down to the cafeteria, ate my sandwich and apple...was walking out...and there was the doctor already with his sandwich ordered! He said he cleaned out the middle ear and that it was very thick but that all went well. He'll have another hearing test with the audiologist at the follow up in 4-8 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment