Friday, January 20, 2006




We've had a wonderful week! Such nice weather has allowed us to walk several days. I shouldn't act like every day is all rosy and wonderful but the majority of the time we do well. Tuesday was one of those days that I just felt thankful to get through. We even resorted to taking a walk around 4 PM, the roads were all wet and nasty but the temperature around 40....we met another neighbor who asked how we were and we said "just surviving today". I'm not sure if the day was tough because of the RSV shot the day before or from sore gums. Also, early intervention came on Tuesday morning. For some reason, the boys are usually discombobulated after that's over too. I don't know why as Julie does little more than light play with them. Just our schedule gets a little out of whack.

It was a good visit with EI. I'm so glad to have Julie come as she can be looking for skills or problems with the boys. I learned 4 signs to teach the boys: hungry, thirsty, more and that's enough. I try to use them but it'll be awhile yet before they figure them out. Julie did mention that she thinks Nathan keeps his hands in fists alot. I guess that is a preemie thing. What "they" want is for the child to keep his hand open and relaxed to feel and experience textures. She did recommend we give the boys a chance to experiment with food, hence the 2 pictures attached. Nathan is very good at taking or picking up food and getting it into his mouth, even with the mushy stuff. Thomas wasn't sure what to do with the pile of sweet potatoes. He played in it some, but I didn't notice him putting it in his mouth. Julie also recommended that we point to things in the story as we read as that will be an action they will soon mimic.

Wednesday we had terrific wind and rain. A little unnerving to get through living amongst several wimpy pine trees. The top half of a very large non-pine tree dislodged itself in the woods in front of the house...that was a lovely crack. Then we lost some large pine branches on the side of our house. I just have visions of limbs falling on the house and me crawling around over debris to find the babies. Isn't imagination awful and wonderful??

Thursday and Friday were lovely fun days where we enjoyed lots of sun and fresh air. Go figure...January! Crystal and Brady Cheyne came over today for lunch. We just learned that Brady's going to have a sibling come June! She loves being a mom as much as I do. We just enjoy each others company so much. My parents came over Thursday and headed back home this afternoon, so my mom had a chance to meet Crystal. Mom and Crystal talked on the phone several times!

We've had a little problem this week with bed times stretching later and later. My first rule of thumb now, is no naps can start after 3pm! Next, nobody should be sleeping after 4 pm! Nathan has been thoroughly enjoying playing with his Dad while I get Thomas to sleep. Matt's job is to tire the boy out! It seems to work but I sure hear lots of giggling coming from the living room! Nathan just loves his Dad. I come out take him and his face has a smile a mile wide!

Enjoy the pictures and have a great weekend.
love,

No comments:

Post a Comment