Friday, June 23, 2006

Twins are so much fun...





Have I mentioned recently that we LOVE having twins. What fun we have! Here are some of the reasons. They have a constant playmate (or I have 2 kids hanging from my skirt instead of one around dinner hour). The boys have started their version of chase in the house...so far very cute. At the dinner table when a new food is introduced, they look to see if the other one has eaten any...if so, then it's okay to try! They definitely talk to each other and imitate the other's sounds. In fact, they both say "huh?" if you if you ask them something. We were getting strawberries at a stand the other day and the lady asked them if they wanted to try a strawberry to which Thomas immediately said "huh?". I guess I must say that. On Monday, I was drinking a cup of coffee. I always tell them it's hot when they try to touch it. So I set it down and a couple minutes later, they were pointing at it saying hot when I started drinking again. Very cool because it wasn't just mimicking.

Every time Thomas starts looking publicly presentable, he falls again. This week he met the driveway with his forehead. It swelled up to a huge goose egg. The check out ladies at the grocery store always make me feel better. This week I heard "get used to it, it's part of toddler-hood". Nathan does just as much climbing but seems to have better balance and understanding of gravity because he rarely has cuts and bruises. Just last night, we noticed both boys can climb on and off the rocking horse.

all for now,
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment