




Our vacation to Toronto went great! One comment we received about the boys was that they are so flexible. They really did super sleeping at the hotel, eating out, and sightseeing. We toured the Toronto zoo on Friday which is where the group picture was taken. It was really hot and sunny so we kept everyone hydrated and used lots of sunscreen lotion. Although, one can tell Matthew didn't apply any! We kept a half gallon of milk in our hotel room's refrigerator so the boys could have their breakfast and supper bottles but other than that, the boys ate what we did and enjoyed it! On our week away, we went swimming twice. Thomas stayed in my arms both times and seemed to tolerate it. Nathan swam with his Dad and also thought it was pretty cool.
We spent a couple of nights at Matt's parents house in Rochester. They have longish curtains in their living room. Thomas especially thought it was rather hilarious to hide behind them and wait for us to find him. We didn't tell him in entire bottom half was visible! Anyways, since coming home, before he falls asleep for his nap, he takes his covers and throws them over his head and waits for me to wonder where he is. This always brings lots of giggles. Course, after his bath, he took his towel and put it over his head to which he wandered around the bathroom running into things. He surely does know how to be totally silly.
My kids are climbers! For some reason, as soon as we got home from our trip, Thomas started to pull out the kitchen chairs to climb them. (Actually as I write this, Thomas is climbing the shelves of the bookcase.) I'm not sure if Nathan is really a climber or just copying Thomas. He is still a couple of inches shorter, so some things Thomas does, he can't quite yet. I've seriously considered bungee cording all my chairs together around the table. I was busily cleaning up supper the other night and turned around to find Thomas standing on the freshly wiped kitchen table. Yes, standing on a wet table.
When I tell the boys it's time to brush our teeth, Nathan (especially) immediately opens his mouth, shakes his hand in front of his teeth and makes an "ahhh" noise. I make that noise while I brush their teeth so they'll imitate me and in doing so, keep their mouth open.
Here's another recognition thing: when we eat dinner at the table and I say where is Ellie, they both turn in their seats to look out our back door which is almost all glass. Ellie is our cat and she sits at the door waiting to come in. So, they do know Ellie's name and where to find her!
The boys have gotten their first haircut. What good kids! They sat nice and still and kept their ears in tact. Actually, when the hairdresser stated on Nathan, he sat on his Daddy, scowling. It was really very funny. He did relax though after a minute or two. I wish Nathan's hair had gotten a little more trimmed, but both boys look handsome.
No comments:
Post a Comment