The boys are standing next to the Rose of Sharon bushes that we transplanted from our old house. I asked them to each hold a bloom in the second picture, but they are hard to see. We went to visit Jennie last Thursday. The boys did super and Jennie was so happy to see us. She was so cute, putting out all sorts of cookies and when the boys would look for more, she said "oh, give them another so they'll want to come back to see me!" They were a little shy when we first arrived and Nathan wouldn't sit with them for the picture, but she did get a hug from both. The last picture was down in Carver the last Saturday in September to see Isabelle for her birthday. We took a long walk around the bogs and enjoyed the beautiful blue sky.
I want to rant and rave about Thomas' sense of sight and hearing. I have been very impressed with both several times. The leaves have started to fall here and when we took a walk up our hill, he set his blue cup down on the path to pick up on our way back. He spotted it long before I did. I wish I could estimate distances better but I would say it was easily 50 feet away amongst the leaf strewn path. He spots our light brown Siamese cat in the woods all the time and tries to point it out to me....it takes me ages to find her. He sees airplanes in the sky long before you hear them. The other day we went picking raspberries and he told me a truck was coming. Now we were in 100 foot rows, not near the road but we could hear the road traffic which was not what he was talking about. He discerned a vehicle closer and he was right, not long and a van came driving right past the patch. We were driving the other morning to Lexington, past where the boys ice skated last year. I didn't say anything, but as soon as Thomas saw the building he started saying 1-2, 1-2 which what they used to learn to skate. Just neat that he remembered the building and associated it correctly. They will begin another series of skating lessons the beginning of November.
We are going to need to start little lessons about telling the truth to Mommy and Daddy with young Nathan. When any thing negative happens, he is quick to blame it on Thomas or even the dogs. Interestingly, Thomas still happily tells the truth....Thomas did you bite Nathan? Yup. Where? Right there!
Thomas picked up the word yup and says it all the time. He can be in the middle of a full blown cry and you ask him something like want to rock? and he'll take a breath, say yup, and start up again.
We made it to story hour again this morning. The boys are definitely not keen on participating, they just snuggle up close and watch everyone else.
Enjoy your snuggle time with the boys! Wow that is amazing about Thomas being able to hear and see things so far away! And, it is so neat when the children can remember things! We just got back from our trip. Before I go to sleep, I wanted to check your blog to see if there are any new photos and stories up! And, to my pleasant surprise here it is, your most recent UPDATE! Thank you! We miss you 4 but will see you all in a couple weeks! love, us 3 xoxoox
ReplyDelete