The last weekend in June we went for a visit to Clifton Park. Upon my sister's suggestion, we took the boys to Hoffman's Playland--a little fun park for kids, some place we went as children. Still in business! It was really fun going there. The first ride the boys went on were the little boats. About halfway through, Thomas decided it was not fun and burst out crying. For several rides after that, I rode with them which allowed Thomas to relax and get used to the idea of "rides". I'm glad we went to the park.
We've been swimming some this summer at a lake. My goal in going was to just get the kids used to being in the water. We've been using life jackets on them and noodles. Nathan, who has liked water all along has been doing great. He actually kicks his arms and feet and moves himself around alone. He does not mind getting his face and head wet, but comes up smiling. Thomas has gradually being making progress. The first time, he would barely come in and when we got him in, he hollered the entire time and clung to me. The next time, he just hung on tightly without hollering. Now he comes in, but is still not terribly comfortable but eagerly asks to get out after about 3 minutes.
That was a fun wknd. I enjoyed watching you and the boys @ Hoffman's while I stood in the stage with Bg. xoxoxo Come back soon. love us 3
ReplyDelete