Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Wonderful October






We have had such a wonderful October that I'm sorry to see it come to a close. We have had privileges and special times all month long. It started with a trip into Boston with Dan H., Mathias W. and some folks visiting from Pa. We drove into Boston around supper time Friday night. We walked to the north-end for an Italian supper with Maurice L. After supper, Maurice gave us a walking tour of downtown. The first picture shows us at supper and the second was taken outside the Union Osyter House by Maurice. Just after this picture we saw the Holocaust Memorial which was a first for me. I couldn't help but cry. It was incredible. From there we walked through Haymarket Square and Quincy Market and then onto the aquarium to see the seals that are housed just outside the entrance. From there we walked along the water front and saw the Large boats docked there for the evening. It was cool out but great for walking. A special privilege to be in on. The next picture shows the boys keeping Mathias company the next day while he chopped wood. Thomas even had his own sludge hammer that he heaved about.

Mid-October, we went down to the Cape with Sara, Isabelle and Lillian to visit Barbara during her rehab for her knee surgery. The last three pictures are from that day. Thomas and Isabelle are in a fierce embrace! Barbara is standing with her four little visitors. Finally the last picture, taken by Nathan, is back at Sara's house. These special days come and go so fast!

Then came my birthday weekend which was nice all the way around. We went apple-picking just the four of us under a cloudless blue sky. Pictures coming!

This past weekend, Sunday night, Thomas went home with Grandma and Grampa to Westwood for two nights. Nathan was all packed up to go but at the last minute, the tears started and he decided he really didn't want to go. So Thomas, gives him a hug and tells Nate it's okay that he would go this time and Nathan could go next. Thomas had a smile plastered on his face from that point on! He was so excited. I'm told he got a little teary the second night and told his grandparents that he wished Nay-nay was there.

Meanwhile, I had a lovely time just with Nathan. He is definitely my little helper. I don't mean under my feet and in my way, I mean helper! He has been this way for a long time now. If I'm in the kitchen working, he's there cracking the eggs, emptying the dishwasher, rolling cookies. Whatever, even washing dishes, he helps! If I'm outside, he helps dig or plant or rake. If I'm sewing, he stands on the presser foot for me. He doesn't get bored with our day-to-day. Here's another example: I put the bag of kitchen garbage out on the back porch to bring up to the garage and next thing I know Nathan tells me that he brought it up and threw it in the bins. I didn't even ask him. He's good company.

Thomas has really impressed me lately with his singing ability. He is very musical. He has learned several of our graces just by singing with us. He obviously doesn't read yet. He not only sings the words which several of them he can't possibly know what they mean like render or endure but he knows the tunes. I often hear him even singing them alone. It's really cool.



1 comment:

  1. Now do not forget the important visit in the early part of OCTOBER...when Auntie and Benjamin came for a visit with Grandma Sue. xoxoxo We had a nice time together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete