Just a cute picture of my Dad with the boys when he stopped here overnight last week. As usual, we were trying to get Nathan to look at the camera. Then, later that week we went to help out (or get our baby-fix!) with my new nephew. Mom and Dad looked after the boys while I spent a couple hours with Shelly and Landon. I loved my time and I think my parents enjoyed it too, but I did hear something about exhausting! Wonder what that meant?? Last night, I found Nathan with his head on his guitar plucking away. He doesn't seem as musical as Thomas yet it is he that loves the instruments. Just interesting to us. The last picture is to show off Thomas' cool tower he built.
So, we are done with day time naps except for the occasional afternoon car ride. The first bit I was pretty worn out with them around 4pm but even that has improved. It is nice not to have to work around naps during the day.
I'm endeavoring to teach them their letters. They were quite happy to start this back in May but have since decided it's work and not cool. So, I bought a Large bag of skittles today. As I had hoped, my kids will happily work for skittles. Our letter this week is Q and I didn't even have the bag unpacked from the store and they were happily drawing Q all over their easel. I was glad I remembered how well they were potty-trained with M and Ms and dum dum lollipops!
One other item of note is a few things Thomas has said. Before we left for Albany last week, he said I love my house (I'm thinking he didn't feel like leaving it) and then today when we got home from Target, he said that it feels good to be home! I suppose he could be parroting me as I really enjoy being home and I do love my house but at the same time, he may also have those feelings.
Nathan told me this morning that Doodle had evil breath. Again I think he is parroting me...does he already know what evil means?
We enjoyed the time w/ you too. Come again. Shelly & Landon :o)
ReplyDelete