Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!





What fun having a holiday once the winter starts getting dreary! The delicious cookies were last night's project. Nathan very helpfully applied sprinkles to the cookies as I frosted them. Love the red teeth and sugar-coated nose, Nathan! I thought Thomas looked too grown up in his picture. We went to the Berlin Library special Valentine story hour this morning. I think the kids enjoyed it, especially the cupcakes with Pink frosting!

The swimming lessons were better again this week. One interesting point, was Thomas' yawns. All during the lesson, he yawned, enormously and not quite continuously but I bet he did 10 or more during the half hour. This is my theory that it was a manifestation of his nervousness. For any of you dog owners, have you ever noticed the first thing your dog does when he is nervous is to yawn? This isn't the first class he has done this as I noticed it also the week before.

There are 5 boys in the class and when the kids get in the pool, they sit on the top step in the water. At the start my boys sat right next to each other and did not participate at all. After a a few exercises, the instructor, Sherri, moves them so that they hang on the edge of the pool. At that time, another child (also named Thomas) came in between my children. After awhile, I realized the boys were starting to participate. Now, I'm not sure if it's because they were no longer feeding off each other or they were just "warming" up to the idea of class. I'll be watching this as I'm thinking of school and to keep them together in class or not. Nathan, who absolutely loves the water and has since he was a baby (I can still see him in the pool at our old house shivering in Matt's arms and not wanting to get out) would really just try to enjoy the lessons.

Thomas got a cut on his arm the other day. He went upstairs, put a bandaid on it with ointment! I commented when he came back down that after this, I hardly thought he needed me anymore. He nicely reminded me that he still needed me for his buckles on his carseat. phew! Here I thought I was almost out of a job.

We were eating and I asked Thomas if he had swallowed yet and he told me, "yup, it's down in my septic!"

No comments:

Post a Comment