Nathan was just slicing bar cheese (for his own enjoyment) and I heard him say "I'm just going to get this done and over with".
At story hour this morning, I peaked my head around the corner to watch them. They were all chanting the five little monkeys rhyme. They just finished with 5 and Debbie the librarian asked what comes next. It was only Nathan out of a whole roomful of 3 and 4 year olds who piped up with both the hand sign and the word four!
A couple of days ago, we were reading a counting book. At the end of the book, the open pages had 1 through 10 printed across them. So I had the boys count from 1 to 10 and point to the numbers. Then I had them count from 10 to 1. Thomas went first and repeatedly couldn't tell which number came next even though the printed digit was before his eyes. I didn't realize this would be so challenging as I thought they were recognizing the digits...only to find out it was more of a memory chant. Interestingly, it was Nathan who kept piping up with the right digit for Thomas. When Nathan did the counting down himself, he got all the digits except number 7 (I think it was).
No comments:
Post a Comment