Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Berlin's Bicentennial Parade

We were all very impressed with the parade. We live in a relatively small town (population 2,866) so expected a short parade.  What we received was over an hour worth of floats, bands and groups!  
Thomas caught this white moth and put it on his face.  
Sam waiting for the parade to start.  See his upper two teeth?
And the parade begins.
Here comes the Little League Float.
Can you spot Thomas (up on his knees) and his Dad?
Both boys are looking at me.  Thomas is just behind the lady on the right.  Nathan is in the middle with his right hand up.  They threw candy at me...with the caviat that I was to collect it for them! 
This is looking up Route 62, the parade route.  It wasn't overly crowded but plenty of people to make it feel festive.

This is their school which is where the parade ended.  I happen to notice that the students put Happy 200 Berlin in the windows.  I thought it was a nice touch.
Sam swimming with his Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment