Thursday, May 18, 2006




Okay, so I'm on a bathing theme! Couldn't resist letting you see yet another cute tub picture.

Breaking news....Nathan has an under-bite just like his name sake!

I've had fun observing Thomas and Nathan's interactions the last few days. I'm finding that Nathan keeps an eye on Thomas and will often copy him. If Thomas is pounding on something, Nathan starts to pounds, if Thomas climbs up to look out the window, then Nathan does. I haven't seen Thomas try to copy Nathan. Thomas is still biting Nathan so I find it a little surprising that Nathan is still so interested in Thomas. They have such hugely different personalities. Tonight, they were playing with the lamp. I tell Thomas "Don't touch it" and he stops. I tell Nathan the same thing and he looks at me with a grin and happily goes on touching it. This hasn't just happened once either. Nathan definitely likes to push to see what will happen.

On another note, people tell me all the time that I'll lose 5 pounds once they are both walking....that may be true but I can't remember the last time I ate a whole anything. When you have little birdies at your elbow with open mouths, you feed them first! Matt has even taken to saving me some of his food! Okay, the only thing I haven't shared yet is my cup of coffee.

I was at the grocery store the other day. The kids will often make a sound (their version of "hi" ?) at a person if they make eye contact. So, this nice looking middle age guy says "hi" to the boys. So I say, "say hi boys" The guy looks at me and says they shouldn't talk to strangers. The entire situation was weird and I haven't even thought about teaching them about strangers. I'm thinking they are just a little young to get that concept. Then a little while later some lady walks by me and gets this grief-stricken look on her face and says "they are too close in age!" I was starting to think I had a sign stuck on my back that said "please make a weird comment at me" And to think I like going to the grocery store.

The boys are doing pretty well with drinking from a cup. Usually at lunch we practice. I have some plastic cups that I pour a mouthful of milk into. Nathan is good about swallowing it as it comes out although half the time he puts the lip of the cup under his chin. Thomas takes his cup and usually gets it to his lips but throws it back so the milk comes rushing down at him all at once. They'll learn.

love,

No comments:

Post a Comment