I've been meaning to record here what Nathan calls Thomas: Dabus. We try not to use that name, but it sure is cute. They each call themselves by the name given by the other: Nay-nay and Dabus. Another neat thing, in pictures, they know themselves.
Here is what it's like when we take a walk: Thomas is running far ahead and Nathan is or at least it looks like, walking slower and slower behind me. Nathan doesn't hurry when he is out walking and calling out to him to hurry has no effect. I wonder what his poor teacher in school will do with him! We have a rule that we always hold hands in parking lots, so that keeps Nathan with us then. Now, Nathan likes to hold Thomas' hand whenever it's required by their Mom.
Thomas is still biting Nathan when the urge hits him. Of course it happens when I'm out of sight. So I come in, Nathan's crying, Thomas is scurrying around looking for something to quiet or distract Nathan. I've now begun to recognize that as guilty. They were hanging out in Thomas' crib and this happened. Thomas quick found Nathan's pacifier and stuffed it in N's mouth and then grabbed a stuffed animal and rubbed it on Nathan's face talking to him all the time. Little critters.
Both boys are talking in context 2 word sentences. Yesterday, Thomas told me his lunch was "too hot" and then pushed his chair away from the table like he was going to get down. Of course, when we ask them to say 2 words like "down please" they look at us and say "downpe" like they've never heard these words before even though we try every night after supper.
No comments:
Post a Comment