Monday, January 23, 2012

January Days

Sam loving his jump-a-roo.  He isn't happy in it unless he is right near someone.  We were just commenting that T and N spent much time in their swings, saucers and on the floor while Sam's tolerance for these things seem to be about 5 minutes (or less!).  He is a "carry-me" baby...wants to be in someone's arms.

Happy boy on the changing table.  He is happy on here 98% of the time.  I think he loves the close-up face to face.

Sam, chewing on his foot!

Waiting for Mommy to finish combing her hair.
Riding on Daddy's shoulders. Can you see Sam his using Matt's ears has handles?
The craziest thing happened the other day. I found a knot of my hairs wrapped around (tightly) Sam's middle toe. I had to take the seam ripper to get under the hair.  The hair was so tight, it was cutting into his skin. How strange. I'm just glad I found it before it hurt him any worse. 

I've signed Thomas and Nathan up for Little League this spring. They are very excited.

On the way home last night, we couldn't get down our road from Highland because of fire trucks blocking our way.  A firefighter told us a house had burned (our hearts leaped), which we asked?  It was Three Acre Farm, one of the original houses on our road.  It's the one that has the farm stand out by the road all summer.  Matt saw it this morning and said the entire back portion of the house appears to be where the fire was.  Thomas and Nathan had a tough time going to sleep last night....the things nightmares are made of.  I was reminded of the saying that fire is a wonderful slave but a poor master.  

No comments:

Post a Comment