


I am not sure where to start. Some of this is old news of which a few of you have already heard but I'll mention it here anyways.
Starting Thursday night, I tried Nathan sleeping in his big crib as he was doing so well with his daytime naps. It worked! He is now sleeping in his own crib in the same bedroom with Thomas and the pack-n-play is a thing of the past...well sort of. Sunday night, Nathan started with the sniffles which has developed into a yucky cold which means that he wakes up hollering several times a night. Guess, what? He's back in the pack-n-play in the guest room! We'll get back to our little project when everyone is better. (Thomas and I also have the same lovely cold we just didn't start with it till Monday)
Next big news is that the boys started with cows milk Friday morning. Wow! I get to stop pumping for their breakfast and supper bottles. I really felt funny giving it to them for two reasons. First, it's depressing this year is already over and second I want them to get the antibodies still from me! I had a stern talk with myself that first, this has to happen sometime and second they have their own solid little immune systems in place now. They had no problem taking the milk nor did they act like it tasted any different.
Friday, I had over three of my "mom" friends and their kids for lunch and cupcakes. These were the people that have been interested in my boys and helpful during this past year. Patti and Joey Demoura, Sara and Isabelle Mercer and Crystal and Brady Cheyne all came. We had mini pizzas and carrot cupcakes. The weather was so wonderful that everyone was outside until it was time to eat (and today it was snowing!). Just a side note, in the picture attached here, Nathan has frosting on his face....
Saturday morning, we packed up and brought a party over to my parents house in Albany. I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce, some rolls and a salad along with a delicious chocolate cake to feed my entire family. My sister and her family from Ontario as well as my brother and his fiance from Rochester all were down for the weekend. My other two siblings live very close to my parents. What a fun weekend! I was really happy with how well my boys handled all the people and excitement. We spent the night at David and Shelly's house so that we could enjoy Sunday with my family as well. I know that I am becoming quite the old lady when I play wiffle ball for 20 minutes and then hurt for 2 days! Whatever!
The last 2 days and nights have been pretty tough with the boys colds but some new things:
Thomas likes scrambled eggs.
We received 4 little bikes/push carts for the boys birthday. Thomas is hiking around the house at top speed with the one from D and S. He's wild with that thing! He is also really getting the hang of walking with me holding my hands. Nathan doesn't seem to be as interested, but that doesn't mean he won't be tomorrow!
I think I'll send pictures out of this weekend in following emails as I see a few that are good.
all for now,
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment