



Matt went to Texas all last week and is gone again this week on business. Mom Howe spent the entire last week and both parents are thankfully here again this week (Tuesday night to Thursday morn). I feel very grateful for retired parents! The boys caught a stomach bug starting last Friday. Nathan threw up his breakfast (my first to clean up) and Thomas spent the day burping. We were expecting and looking forward to the arrival Friday night of Matt's parents. We were all glad that they decided to come even though the boys were peaky. We had a wonderful weekend which was over far to quickly. We didn't do any thing special; we just ate, visited and played with the boys. It was a little disappointing that Nathan seemed to have a hard time warming up to his grandparents. Thomas (as you can see from the picture) thoroughly enjoyed his walk outside with grandpa within the first half hour of their arrival. We found that the boys did all right with their grandparents if Matt or I were out of sight. We would walk into the room and Nathan would start bawling. It was hard to ignore his crying yet we didn't want to encourage it. It was nice to get advice too. I have been using too many words when I talk to the boys, and Mom Rider suggested I just stick to a single word, like "open" when I want them to eat something instead of "Lets eat up, open your mouth and try it". The boys had presents to open from relatives on Matt's side of the family which we had been saving for this weekend. It was also Matt and Mom Rider's birthday so we had lots of cards and presents to get through! We had wonderful weather, so spent time sitting out in the yard.
The boys are still not 100%. Their appetite has been on and off. Some meals, it seems like they eat like birds and then the next meal they do just a little better. They have had diarrhea, so we were sticking to the BRAT diet but talking to the doctor today, he said that was a little out-dated. I guess research shows that a child needs more protein then what that diet gives to replace what has been lost. So, they still get their meatballs and we started whole milk again on Monday.
The boys were at the doctor today for a well-child check-up. Dr. Cohen says we have lost our preemie status! Nathan still doesn't get on the "normal" charts for weight and his length is only in the fifth percentile but nobody is concerned. The boys received their second hepetitas B shot today. They both have temperatures tonight. Thomas' is 103 and Nathan's is at least 101. They got tylenol but just before bed, they still seemed warm upon going to bed so when the 6 hours is up, I'll try to check them again. Poor guys! They really didn't seem to feel bad...they ate dinner just fine and were happy to play.
I have had the great joy of finding Thomas rather wet and having quite a time playing in the toilet. My only consolation is that the last person did remember to flush, but the consolation ends there. Of course, we won't name the several hundred miles away guilty party. Tuesday we were outside doing yardwork and I looked over to see Nathan bobbing for something in the garbage can lid. He looked up at me with a huge grin on his face, he had mud on his forehead, nose and chin. Very cute, but still quite gross. Course he was squeezing a great big fat beetle just minutes before the garbage can kissing. I need to get used to things like this!
all for now,
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment