


Tuesday afternoon:
Sorry no DDOB last night. Nathan had a belly ache and was spitting up badly until nearly 10 PM so I could think only of my pillow. He seems okay today but I think I'll just do cereal and milk for a little while. No more fruit or vegetables for a day or 2.
Early Intervention came this afternoon. Julie, the educator, brought Robin the physical therapist to evaluate the boys. A very informative session. The reason the therapist was called in was Nathan's neck muscles and Thomas' arching. When you pull Nathan into the sitting position, he offers no help in bringing his head up with his torso. Thomas arches his back very often...enough so that it prevents him from rolling over. This arching is referred to as extension and is common in preemies. So to help Nathan's problem, putting him on his belly, hoping he will lift his head will strengthen those muscles. Thomas' problem can be helped by reminding him to bring his hands to centerline and practicing sitting up.
Wednesday afternoon:
Sorry this DDOB is so long in coming. The boys are increasingly wanting my attention and they so rarely nap at the same time! When they do, I desperately try to get cooking or cleaning done! Nathan seems better but now it seems like he wants to be nursed asleep at night. at 4:30 this morning, Thomas woke up and had no desire to go back to sleep until I nursed him. Not sure what that was from. Nathan was awake at 5:45 this morning....again not sure why they are waking up. It's been 7AM or later. I cooked up some chicken, rice and carrots today for their supper! First time for meat, so we'll see how it goes.
The pictures are of the EI visit to give you an idea of who they are and what we do.
love to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment