
We went to Albany, NY this weekend to see my family and to attend my nephews birthday party. As we drove over, I noticed Thomas' hands were quite cold and he kept up this low-level complaining which I found to be unusual. Both boys ended up having fevers throughout the weekend so we just camped at my parents the entire time and missed the party! That's part of having kids though....they come first and the agenda can go right out the door. My parents were SO helpful. Friday night, I was up most of the night and Mom took over at 3AM so that I could get a little sleep. The fevers hovered around 101 and Tylenol seemed to help, so I didn't feel like we had to get home to see the doctor. By Sunday afternoon, I think both boys were on the mend and the only sign of it now is Thomas' cough. He wakes himself up from his naps coughing!
Recently, Thomas is starting our morning routine earlier and earlier. Yesterday it was 5:45 and today it was 5AM. When they were babies, they would stay in their beds talking and just hanging out, now Thomas hollers loud enough to wake everyone! I think this is a function of his being sick and the coughing, but I'm a little worried he is going to pick it up as a new habit. Today I just set him on the floor in his room by himself to play with his toys so that he wouldn't associate getting up (when it's still dark out) as fun! I feel bad, because I feel grumpy starting that early, they act grumpy and our entire routine gets messed up. Thomas was down for a nap at 7AM! We've tried putting their bed time later and giving them a bigger dinner. The only other thing to try is to get rid of one of their naps, but then they are cranky missing naps!
Today, early intervention came. Matt was dismissed early from Jury duty, so he met Julie. Nathan did his part of showing off his new tricks. We all decided that a physical therapist will come in to check out Thomas. This weekend, my mom would get going on a big old fake laugh to which Nathan would join in doing his version of a fake laugh. I demonstrated this for Julie to which she initially thought Nathan was really laughing until she saw him turn it off in a blink of an eye! What a goof-ball.
I think that's all for now.
love,
No comments:
Post a Comment